Thursday, May 13, 2010

Summer Classics

"Les Miserables", the daring tale of a past convict trying to start and honest life as he is being pursued by the one man that knows who he is, the prostitute just trying to let her daughter have the life she lost, and the ever-greedy inn-keeper man and his wife. In his book, Victor Hugo mocks the French judicial and political system, but still captures the hearts of readers. It is a book that will be a favorite for generations to come.

"Oliver Twist", the tragic story of an orphan boy turned out on the streets and finds his way to London, where he gets mixed up with a gang of pick-pocketers, and eventually, the notorious Bill Sikes himself. Can Oliver save himself?

~
I want to read both these books because 1) they're classics and 2) I've seen the movie/musical for both. I always like to see how different a book is from it's screen remake and I love the thrill of watching words I've read come to life not only in my imagination, but before my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment